Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Checking In!

Hey everyone, your friendly neighborhood Anglo Luchador is here again with an update. I have to say, I'm getting pretty amped for Aggression 53, mainly because of King of the Cage. I've been through that tournament once before, capped off with a killer final match against Trip, which I thought was one of the best matches of my career. I thought we really left it all in the cage, and Trip came out looking like a million bucks because of it. And here he is, Champ for what, three years with a couple week interruption? Haha, I don't want to say I made him, because he'll definitely come looking for me, but hey, put two and two together. lol, just kidding Sean, you know I think you would have made it if you had faced even that Damien Priest or whatever dude who carried the brain in the jar. Man, whatever happened to that guy? Whatever happened, I hope that whatever fed took him on doesn't care about ratings!

Anyway, I'm really excited because the guys left in this tournament have that same fire, the same drive as me and Trip did back then. Hell, Trip is still in the tournament himself. He's got a helluva challenge this week from The First. I'm not privvy to the booking for that match (and if I were, do you really think I'd spoil it?), but man, that feud has been ongoing for so long and there's so much heat, even though it's been fairly one-sided. It reminds me of back in the day in MBE, when BobbyR was ever able to beat The Spoiler, but every time the match happened, the crowds were really into it. Other than the winner of that match, the guy I'm watching is Layne Winters. The guy never goes into a match looking to skate. He's always intense, always serious about his craft. He's one of the rising stars in the company.

In other news, everyone still asks me whether I'm going back to A1E or whether I left on bad terms. Again, like last time, me and the guys over there are still on great terms. It's just between being an agent here in the Empire and rehabbing, I have very little time to follow other feds in depth anymore. However, all you A1E fans will get a taste as I recorded a little something for their historic 200th episode.

Finally, even though my return is a bit off, I've been toying with the idea of new theme music. Yeah, I know, Fozzy has provided a great track for me for the last decade, but I think after 10 years, especially in a corner of the world where some people have new theme songs every week, I think I'm entitled. I wanted to move away from the Chris Jericho-worship part of my character a bit. I found this really awesome band called The Black Mages, recommended to me by, who else?, Seymour Almasy. They're the brainchild of Nobuo Uematsu, who does all the music for Final Fantasy. They're rockified tracks from games themselves. I picked out this number. What do you guys think?



Pretty neat, right? That's it for now. I'll check in after Aggression with my thoughts!

No comments: