Saturday, July 10, 2010

A New Lease on Life

(Hey guys, I'm bringing the blog back in a very retooled way. This will now be Jericoholic Anonymous'/JA's in-character, out-of-kayfabe blog that details his backstage travails in EPW. If you're looking for a wide spectrum of feds, sorry to disappoint, but for those who are into EPW, hopefully, you'll enjoy this)

Just in case you don't know who I am, and judging by the amounts of fan e-mail and wall posts on my Facebook page, that's not the case at all, I'm Jericoholic Anonymous, or Tom B. for those who are into that sort of thing. The last time you guys saw me in a wrestling ring, I was working an EPW show, high on cortisone trying to keep the throbbing pain in my back from hampering my abilities in the ring. As it turned out, that throbbing pain was a torn latissiumus dorsi. That's a doozy of an injury for anyone, let alone a professional wrestler.

Now I know what you're thinking. JA's washed up, no one comes back from an injury of that magnitude. Well, that's where you're wrong. On December 1 of this year, I'm going to turn 33. Usually, guys in that age range are just beginning to win their share of World Titles, to carry promotions on their backs. Obviously, I've been there and done that. Two World Championships, several pay-per-view main events, iconic status in two different promotions, all before I got too far into my 30s. So yeah, it seems like I'm an old guy.

But that's the thing. I'm not an old guy at all. I still think I can go, and I still think I can go at a high level. Rehab's been a bitch, but it's still going, and I'm chugging along, making sure that I come back at 100 percent. So yeah, Jericoholic Anonymous will come back to a wrestling ring eventually. But fear not, I'm keeping myself busy.

Thanks to Dan Ryan and the other guys in EPW, who seem to think I'm a great guy for whatever misguided reason, I'm a road agent. That's right, I'm on the road, helping the guys put on a great show for every Aggression, PPV and house show. It's been a cool gig so far. I've worked with a lot of guys that I've both been in the ring with like Trip and Shawn Hart as well as new guys like Donnie Astros. Being on the coaching side has been a revelation, since I've never been the kind of guy who's been easy on road agents in the past. Hey, just ask Kayafaber from my A1E days. I thank my lucky stars that he was never in arm's reach of a blunt object for the amount of times I balked at a spot.

So think of this blog as sort of a journal of my time as I lay in wait for my back to fully heal up. Expect some stories, some insights, thoughts, reviews and even some juicy quotes from your favorite EPW wrestlers and Cameron Cruise too. LOL. Hopefully, you guys will get as much out of this reading it as I am writing it.

1 comment:

Kevin Healey said...

Cool idea Tom. I'm looking forward to keeping an eye on this.