Saturday, December 16, 2006

EPW and NEW Joint PPV

I can't believe I forgot to mention this in the previous entry, but this does deserve its own blog post. Recently, Brunk made a huge announcement on the FW boards concerning EPW and NEW, ie, that they're putting on a joint show in March. It won't be an interfed competition type; each fed will be putting on their own matches.

This is a great idea, I think. I know the tendency for interfed cards is to have matches between members of both feds, but they resist, and I think it makes for a good, old-school feel. I do hope they do one, big interpromotional match as sort of the sub-main event to each fed's respective title matches, but even if they don't, this should be an event to follow. Hopefully, it'll give people who just follow EPW a chance to check out NEW and vice-versa.

No comments: