Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Golden Turnbuckle Tournament

So I've entered in PTC's most prestigious tournament, the Golden Turnbuckle Tournament, as Maggot. My first round draw is a guy named Virgil Ambrosi. I have no clue who he is, and I probably won't know until I get to see his personal profile.

Still though, I'm psyched. It's a new challenge for me. I might as well preview it,although it won't be very thorough. I'm only really familiar with about nine names in this thing altogether, but here we go.

Xin Xin Xiong - I don't know much about him other than he had some run-ins with Lindsay in fWo. Not a very good reputation from what I gather, but we'll wait to see what happens with him in the tournament.

Seymour Almasy - A very creative writer from my limited exposure to him in NFW. I thought his match against Lindsay Troy in the interconference week could have had some more meat to it, but I liked the one RP he put up. Apparently, his handler is crazy into e-fedding like I am; he handles in like five feds. Now that's dedication ;)

Hoyt Williams - Know of him through Jeff (Angelo Deville's handler) and his fanboyism of him. Seems to have a sterling reputation in PRIME and PTC, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him take the whole thing.

Logan Caine - Know of him through my dealings with him in the TEAM Invitational Tournament. He has potential, I think, and I thought that his match with WildStar could have benefitted from each of them putting up more than one promoo and getting into a groove. Not sure about his competition, but I'll be looking in to check up on him.

John "The Prophet" Adams - Know of him through the TEAM tourney, but he no-showed his first match. Very disappointing on that front. I'll also be interested to check him out, because I'd like to know what I was missing when he didn't show for my tourney.

Angelo Deville - One of the best e-fed characters I've ever encountered, and this is only through limited exposure. Seriously, his NFW West stuff for three weeks was must-read before he had to duck out. Hopefully though, the Maggot/Deville match taht was supposed to happen week 4 on the NFW slate will happen in round three of the GTT.

Uber Judge - Only know of him because he's handled by the same guy who does Rook Black. I'm wondering if he's half as strange as Rook is.

Craig Miles - w00t! Finally, a name I'm very familiar with. One of the best characters I've encountered, but Katz will even tell you that his heart for RPing isn't what it used to be. I thought he showed great fire in the MBE Cup tournament, and I kinda wish he would have put up something more in the third round against Fly, but he's still a force to be reckoned with.

Brandon Youngblood - I'm familiar with the name and the handler, but I can't say I've read a whole lot of RP by this character. I've heard great things about him, but I've also heard he's gotten into trouble politically. So he seems like he could go all the way or job in the first round.

I know it's not much of a preview, but hey, when I get more familiar with this circuit, I'll be able to put up some more in-depth analysis. Maybe I'll have a GTT6 Preview Extravaganza?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff.

The handler of Shanty Jones in GTT5 also handles/handled Uriel in NFW (who had the fun task of eliminating Deville).

He also won the GTT4 as Doctor Curiosity.

So, there's six degrees of separation in there somewhere.

:o)

Like the blog.