Saturday, June 17, 2006

Thoughts on the ToC

"Now that it's all over and done with, now that you find, now that you're whole." Yes, "Close to the Edge"

Here it is

Read, enjoy, leave feedback.

Here's my feedback of the RPs. I was holding back on this until the end just so I didn't tip my hand. But now that it's all done, I feel I can speak my mind.

First off, I was pretty disappointed at first that out of 40 people, only 24 bothered to show for at least one round. However, taking into account widespread apathy around all circuits... more than half was good.

I can't help but thinking how well Eddie Mayfield would have done if Jamar showed the last two rounds. Ninety-three for one round is ASTOUNDING. Same with Vangelus Olsig, who scored 73 for his troubles, and who probably would have posted gaudy numbers in round 2, since that's his wheelhouse.

My first place votes went to Mr. Amazing! in rounds 1 and 2 and Jake Hix in round 3. I had D! very highly rated in all three rounds.

For round three, I was a bit disappointed. Most folks were pretty garden variety. I thought Adam Benjamin was really good. I liked how Hix and ProfT made fun of the rules a bit. Mr. A!'s was simple yet effective. D! and Mike C. should be commended for collaborating on D!'s piece.

All in all, I thought that D! was very deserving of his win. I'm glad he won, and I'm glad we got the final 4 and 8 that we got. It was diverse, we got placers from PTC adn the angle fed world. I can't wait to do this again next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought D!'s first round rp was average at best, and refering to Mayfield as Eddie "Nicholas" is a pretty big mistake. One, I didn't personally find his quality high enough to rebound from.

Jamar said...

LOL I missed that.

Yeah I feel crappy that I didn't hold on, I mean shit, I was first in round one!

I shoulda wrote em all out in the beginning and placed them later.

Also, yunno, I kinda thought there was gonna be back and forth between the rounds, and that's not how it was set up - I guess I missed that.

Interesting experiment - I'm glad I was a part of it, and congrats to the winner.

Anonymous said...

It was actually a little disappointing to me, reading a lot of the RPs for round 2. Don't get me wrong, at least half of them impressed and impressed big, but these are supposed to be the championship material folks of their respective feds, and this is the best they can do?

Do a 'storyline' RP and the best you can do is two dimensional characters in predictable locales acting like big swingin' dicks that all the men want to be or beat up to prove how big their own sac is, and all the women want to fuck?

Granted, it's hard to get an accurate picture of a writer/character from just one RP, but if I saw most of those guys in a fed together and they were the guys on top I'd never, EVER join that fed.

THAT SAID... let me reiterate that the people who did well, did REALLY well.

-pete