Now that the Tournament of Champions is complete, it's time to move on and get the next TEAM event going. Basically, I want to hold an event before I get on with the FLAGSHIP TEAM event, the TEAM Invitational Tournament (which I really want to push this year). I want something different from the TEAM Invite and ToC formats if possible, but if not, any event would be good.
I've been brainstorming a few ideas with the e-fed world, but they all seem equally enticing for me. Here they are:
The TEAM Summer Pick-Up League
Remember back when you were a kid, and you played pick-up basketball, wiffle ball, football, spring/freedom/manhunt or whatever sports you played as a youngster? This "league" (I use that term loosely) would be somethign like that. Basically, it's four "weeks" long. Each week, 8 guys sign up and then they pick sides. Then, you get three matches out of it, two singles and one tag. The winners from each week (four in all) would be invited to the final week where they'd battle it out for the league title.
- It would keep the TEAM concept alive, even if only for five/six "weeks."
- Pick-up games are fun. Seriously, that's when sports were fun, when you just chose up sides and go out and play. Here, you do the same thing, choose up sides, set up ground rules and play ball.
- No long-term committments.
- Yran's already doing Sunshine Wrestling, which is different enough from this concept for both to run, but similar enough that both would probably suffer.
- Might be a hassle to get everyone together for picking sides.
Wrestling World Cup
Cashing in on the World Cup CRAZE and the not-as-huge buzz around the World Baseball Classic, maybe it's time for nationalistic pride to swell in the world of grappling! Teams representing different countries would compete for the prize of global bragging rights. Ideally two groups of 4 teams with sudden death rounds featuring the top two in each group.
- Everyone loves a good World Cup.
- Once again, the TEAM concept would be somewhat applicable here.
- Most people handle American or Canadian characters (very much morseo American). It'll be harder to gather characters from other countries, especially enough five to seven foreign teams.
A battle royale featuring all first-time characters. Any character that hasn't been used in a fed regularly can enter. It'll be in battle royale, every wrestler for him/herself, no RP limit goodness.
- It's not a tournament in writeup or RP format, so it's inherently different than both other tourneys run to date.
- No limits, so it frees people up to do what they want with their characters.
- Everyone in the rumble is on the same foot as you. No advantages in character, it's all up to your pure RPing ability.
- It's a single event, so it's less likely to drag on.
- Most people have trouble figuring out new characters, so there might not be interest for this.
- RPing could start slow since there's no history among the characters.
- Judging could be very unwieldly
Basically, you get X-amount of wrestlers together and run them through a gauntlet of each other. Say you have six guys. Wrestler 1 faces wrestler 2. WHoever wins that match faces 3, then 4, then 5, then 6, then the 1 again. Basically, you're in the gauntlet until you've lost three times. The winner is the last person standing after everyone else has been eliminated. Oh, and it would be hardcore rules, so anything's legal.
- Again, it's a different idea that could be a lot of fun if the execution is correct.
- No-holds barred RPing could lead to some interesting exchanges.
- The execution could easily be messed up and could cause confusion.
- The time intervals for each individual RP period would have to be just right, not too short to preclude people from RPing, and not too long to have people lose interest.
- Could be too close to PTC's Infinite Gauntlet in concept to run without seeming cheap.
Tag Team Tournament/Lethal Lottery
We've had two singles tournaments so far... why not have a tag team? Tag team wrestling seems to be a lost art, and it needs a good swift kick in the ass. This is just the thing to kick it. Either a regular tag team tournament or a Lethal Lottery would be in order. For those who don't know, a Lethal Lottery takes a bunch pf people and randomly puts them together in teams.
- Tag team wrestling is fun in RP, and it might bring people out.
- Chad Merritt has told me he might throw in a prize for the winner of either tournament if it's held ;)
- Tag team matches are a bitch to write.
- People usually like to stick to themselves. Handlers sometimes are selfish in nature.
E-fed Juniors Tournament
A regular tournament, only for handlers who've been in the game for three years or less.
- It could help make a star out of a relatively unknown or underrated handler.
- How many folks are there around these parts who are actually new/newish to the game?
So there are the ideas. Of course, I'm welcome to more, and to some feedback/encouragement/discouragement/SOMETHING on this. THis is market research. Which one of these events would YOU be most likely to compete in?