Thursday, March 23, 2006

Reader Participation: MBE Memories

For those in my readership who've been in MBE, well, you all know what MBE was and you have your own opinions of it. For most of us who've been a part of the fed, it was the first or second fed we were ever a part of, and it was one of those things that happened only once in a lifetime, something so perfect that if you tried to recreate everything the way it was, you couldn't even come close.

But for those who haven't been a part of it, like an AWCer who thinks it was a PTC fed, or for those like Katz whose only exposure to it was the MBE Cup, where certain snafus took place, it's this mythical land that's probably too good to be true.

I mean, there's a cliché that says "Distance makes the heart grow fonder." This is true when the distance is measured over time instead of in inches and meters. That certainly holds true for MBE, seeing that especially towards the end, many of us had our problems with the fed.

But I don't think there's any denying that at its height, MBE was a great place to be a handler.

Now, I could sit here and rattle off all my memories about MBE, and at some point, I probably will, but I would be doing an injustice, seeing that I wasn't there from the very beginning, and I also was only but one of the players who made MBE tick.

So here's what I'm asking you. I want everyone who reads this and who was a part of MBE at any point in their e-fed careers to e-mail me their reflections upon their MBE experiences. They can be good experiences or bad ones... Lord knows that despite the whitewash I've given the granddaddy of the A1 circle might not be the same picture everyone else paints. But I want them for a future entry.

I want to hear from everyone. Dan, Bill, Jeff, Bobby, Roger, Andy, James, Shane... anyone who at any point was involved. Drop me a line. Send me your testimonials via e-mail (tom DOT holzerman AT gmail DOT com), A1 or FW PM, or IM. Basically, anywhere but here in the comments section, because I want these to be their own entry. ;)

No comments: