Sunday, February 26, 2006

A few of my favorite characters -- NFW West

Once again, no particular order...

Joey Melton Really, any fed he's in, he's writing great stuff, but since coming into NFW again this season, he's reinvigorated the West, which only really had Miles/Mayfield and a little bit of New South going for them at the time. The Flair/Melton match is a must-read. I also hear that the Randalls/Melton stuff is pretty good, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. I will though, Katz. I will.

Guy Boudreaux There's something about cheating bastards with Cajun accents who may or may not be trying to confuse people into believing they're Shane Southern that I really like...

Eddie Mayfield Seriously, if you don't mark out for Eddie Mayfield, you have no soul. That's all I have to say about that.

Troy Windham I mulled over whether I wanted to leave him off the list or not because of Gregg's recent retirement, but I have a feeling that Katz and crew will keep Troy-diddy going in NPC form, and that still doesn't negate all the cool stuff he's done all season. One of the great heel characters of our time.

Calvin Carlton I know he's an NPC manager, but seriously, he's the only NPC manager I know of who can steal a segment, especially when Melton is making fun of his momma.

No comments: