Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekends are dead around here

I know that my posting here seems sparse, especially on the weekends. It all has to do with the nature of the beast really. This isn't a LiveJournal. Not to put LJ down, I've maintained one for 18 months now, but there, I don't have to be intellectual, really. Of course, I do write my commentaries and have some pretty insightful things to say there, but a lot of it is venting my feelings and such.

Here though, I've specifically set it aside for meaningful discussion of the great hobby known as e-fedding. So there really aren't any knee-jerk "I hate my life" or "Today r0x0r" entries here. I think the closest you'll get to that would be the e-fed links that I post, but they link to heavier reading.

Weekends make it harder for me to sit down and write down cogent thoughts, because I'm so busy during them. Right now, I work most of my weekends, and most free time is spent with my lovely girlfriend. Yes, I have a woman and I'm hardcore into this hobby. Surprising, isn't it? Plus, Family Guy's on Sunday night, and football season's started.

(Speaking of the girlfriend, I told her Friday about my hobby and she didn't hang up the phone on me. I think she's a keeper.)

But still, that doesn't mean I don't have thoughts. It's just I probably won't be updating them on the weekend.

This weekend was pretty big for me although not in the right way. Friday night, Golden Dreams was posted. (I'll have a more in-depth review of the show later when I read it more in-depth.) I skimmed to the end and saw the result to the main event, where JA, my character, was taking on Fly for the A1E Title. I lost. I took it a little hard then, but I've gotten over it. A good relaxing weekend will do that.

It's very hard to stomach a match where you in your heart believe you've won, but when you take a step back and breathe, you realize it's not about winning and losing. It's about having a good time.

Granted, I was a little mystified at the TNW booking where JA was teaming with Fly in a tag match, but you have to put your best foot forward.

But where does that foward lie? Do I change what I've been doing? Do I keep plugging along? It's never easy to go forward after you lose a match of that magnitude and you don't have anything else really lined up for the immediate future. It's a crossroads, but really, I've only been back in A1E for a few months. It's not like I've been in the fed continuously for the last five years.

So I'll stay the course for now. Who knows what's gonna pop up anyway. Although the A1E Championship means more to me than anything else in the hobby combined, I really don't need it to function.

There are plenty of stories to tell.

No comments: