TEAM is proud to announce that its Invitational Tournament will return for a second year! For those who don't know, it's a single-elimination tournament held in the style of March Madness. Wrestlers are separated into brackets played out in a city rich with wrestling tradition. The winner receives the Chad Merritt Trophy, and that person banks a shot at the TEAM Championship of Champions.
Last year, Karl "The Dragon" Brown shocked the world by taking the first ever TEAM Invitational Tournament and Merritt Trophy. Who will step up this year? Will it be another breakout star, another one right on the cusp like Brown? Will it be a relative unknown, come to shock the world like D! did in the Tournament of Champions? Will it be one of the wrestling elite like Dupree Cup Co-MVW The Spoiler? Only you can decide that by signing up and competing with the rest of the grappling world.
Guidelines for entry
- This is an OPEN INVITATION tournament. This means you can sign up with any character, fed-related or free agent.
- There is no limit to how many characters per handler you can enter. Please note though that if you enter more than one character, there's no guarantee you'll get more than one. Due to size constraints, you may have one of your characters bumped for a handler who's trying to enter only one character.
- All pertinent TEAM rules apply, ie, there's no RP limit, no shooting, no public b*tching about results, all work must be 100% original and written by you, and also, please refresh yourself on the guidelines about stacking
- All RP styles are allowed, and I promise neither I nor any of my judges will discriminate against you based solely on your style. However, it is suggested that you adopt the wrestling promo/trash talk style of RPing, as most people who do enter this tournament adopt the same style
- All matches will be judged by myself and two others from a floating panel of people
- All results will be presented in shortform up until the semifinal and final cards, which will be TEAM SuperShows III and IV respectively.
How do you enter?
Several easy ways...
- Reply here or at the thread at FW
- Tell me in PM, here, or at A1, PTC, EWN, cIm, ENN, the PRIME Boards... anywhere I'm a member and you can get a hold of me in private >=)
- E-mail me.... tom DOT holzerman AT gmail DOT com
- IM me
- Send me a smoke signal
Seriously, just let me know one way or the other. I'm an easy-going guy, and I want as many of you as possible to compete in this event.
Oh yeah... brackets will be announced on the writeup for SuperShow II, so get those nods in post haste! Deadline for entry will be tenatively Wednesday, January 24th, 11:59:59 PM, give or take a second. Obviously though, if SSII is late getting up, the deadline will be when the show gets up.
Fill up those spots, and good luck to you all!